- It is expected that the activities of EAB will expand further in the coming years. A very recent decision has been to also take up activities in the field, so that the expertise that EAB has is utilized to benefit people directly. Hence, the focus of EAB will include
seminars, workshops, etc. and also creating awareness on environmental issues in various communities, especially among school and college students.
- A number of projects are being proposed for the years ahead. The exact number of projects that are taken up will depend on the sponsorship that EAB is able to get.
- Arranging Seminars/Conferences on various aspects of environment and ecology, touching upon solid waste management, waste water management, afforestation in urban areas, rain water harvesting and urban development with a thrust on eco-friendly
- Organizing quiz/debating/drawing/painting programmes for students of colleges and schools, as part of an environment education programme.
- Arranging awareness campaigns on various aspects of the environment, in various parts of Bengaluru, especially the new extensions and pub.ic parks, in association with other like-minded organizations in Bengaluru.
- Adopting a few localities in Bengaluru City for demonstrating how conditions can be improved and kept under control with active participation of the residents.
- Collaborating with civic agencies and like-minded organizations in other parts of Karnataka State to restore lakes and also to increase awareness on environmental issues and assisting in improving conditions in those areas.
- Emphasizing on herbs, shrubs, medicinal and aromatic plants as a source of livelihood, as opposed to other sources of income.
- Taking up activities outside Bengaluru City also, by tapping the expertise of the members of the EAB.
- Networking with other similar-minded NGOs in Bengaluru and other parts of Karnataka State. Also, providing the required training, technical know-how and capacity building, to other NGOs in an effort to preserve and protect the environment and to alleviate poverty.
- As it grows in its third decade of existence, EAB is now poised to move out of the seminar and conference halls and go to the field. The members are now gearing up to take the mantra of conservation, preservation and development of the environment to the people, through some well-thought-out campaigns.
- EAB plans to renew its ties with the Indian Environmental Association, Mumbai and the Water Environment Federation, Alexandria, VA, USA.
- Environment Association of Bangalore would like to call upon all environmentalists and environment-friendly to join hands with EAB and enable it to achieve the goal of making the environment of Bengaluru much better than it is today.